Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 01/11] builtin/pack-objects.c: change check_pbase_path() to use ALLOC_GROW()

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 10:23:40 -0800

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> I realize that I just bikeshedded on subject lines for half a page, and
> part of me wants to go kill myself in shame. But I feel like I see the
> technique misapplied often enough that maybe some guidance is merited.

Thanks.  What I queued read like these:

$ git shortlog ..dd/use-alloc-grow

Dmitry S. Dolzhenko (11):
      builtin/pack-objects.c: use ALLOC_GROW() in check_pbase_path()
      bundle.c: use ALLOC_GROW() in add_to_ref_list()
      cache-tree.c: use ALLOC_GROW() in find_subtree()
      commit.c: use ALLOC_GROW() in register_commit_graft()
      diff.c: use ALLOC_GROW() instead of inline code
      diffcore-rename.c: use ALLOC_GROW() instead of inline code
      patch-ids.c: use ALLOC_GROW() in add_commit()
      replace_object.c: use ALLOC_GROW() in register_replace_object()
      reflog-walk.c: use ALLOC_GROW() instead of inline code
      dir.c: use ALLOC_GROW() in create_simplify()
      attr.c: use ALLOC_GROW() in handle_attr_line()

but I tend to agree with you that we can just stop at "use ALLOC_GROW"
after the filename.