Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 02/14] trailer: process trailers from file and arguments

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:14:34 -0800

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is what "if_exists" and "if_missing" are all about.
>
> Either:
>
> 	the same key already exists regardless of the value
>
> and, in this case, what happens depends on what has been specified using
> the "if_exists" configuration variable.
>
> Or:
>
> 	the same key DOES NOT already exists regardless of the value
>
> and in this case, what happens depends on what has been specified
> using the "if_missing" configuration variable.

Hmm, how should things like signed-off-by be handled?  You may want
to allow many entries with the same key with distinct values, but
duplicated values may want to be handled differently (currently we
only avoid to place a duplicate <key, value> consecutively, but keys
with different semantics (e.g. "fixes-bug: #bugid") may want to say
"unless the same key with the same value exists, append it at the
end".