Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 06/10] fast-export: add new --refspec option

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 11:26:11 -0700

Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]> writes:

> +test_expect_success 'use refspec' '
> +	git fast-export --refspec refs/heads/master:refs/heads/foobar master | \
> +		grep "^commit " | sort | uniq > actual &&

It feels somewhat redundant that you have to twice say that you are
pushing your "master", once with --refspec and then the branch
name.  Is this the best we can do?

If the answer is "yes", I guess it is OK to leave the external
interface to fast-export of this patch as-is, but if we can do
better, then we'd be better off without redundancy.

There are quite a few shell script style violations in this test, by
the way.  You do not want the trailing " \" after a pipe (the shell,
when seeing a line that ends with "|", knows you haven't finished
giving it the pipeline).  Also we do not put extra space between a
redirection operator and the target filename.

> +	echo "commit refs/heads/foobar" > expected &&
> +	test_cmp expected actual
> +'
> +
>  test_done