Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 00/11] Introduce git-history(1) command for easy history editing

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2025 08:01:45 -0800

Phillip Wood <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Granted, I think good progress is being made and perhaps the changes
>> needed for the rest aren't that huge (and maybe there's more pieces
>> I'm not quite understanding yet similar to the
>> two-split-patches-always-summing-to-the-original), I was just a little
>> surprised that my comments are summarized by "expecting a small and
>> final reroll".  :-)

It was because I didn't think (and I still do not think) your
comments are something for the immediate future, for a tool that
wants to present its minimum-serviceable experimental version to
users so that the users can experiment, extend it more and fix its
behaviour incrementally.  I may have been probably wrong, but I was
getting an impression from the reviews that it is getting to there,
not the feature-perfect version that needs only maintenance from now
on, but a minimum-serviceable one.

We could instead of collect all the I want moon and I want cheeze
comments and iterate until the tool has all of them before it hits
'next', but I do not think it is often what we do to a new feature.

> Yes I'm not expecting any new functionality but I am expecting a bit 
> more than tiny cleanup.

OK.  Then we'd need a non-trivial amount of work before we get
there.

Thanks.