Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] commit: add --committer option

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2025 07:40:17 -0800

ZheNing Hu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> 于2025年11月11日周二 03:22写道：
>>
>> "ZheNing Hu via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> > Signed-off-by: ZheNing Hu <[email-masked]>
>> > Co-authored-by: Aone-Agent <[email-masked]>
>>
>> What is this second author and how would its presence in the author
>> list interact with your DCO obligation?
>>
>> How did you make sure that whatever is in this patch were not copied
>> by the "agent" from somewhere that we cannot copy the code from
>> before deciding to send this patch?  The "cannot copy from" may come
>> in different shapes, from "their code is proprietary" to "their
>> licensing terms are not compatible with GPLv2" to "they welcome us
>> borrowing but we must give credit to them", any of which we should
>> be careful to avoid.
>>
>>
>
> This was automatically added by some code assistance tools.
> I indeed forgot to consider its impact on the open source license.
> I'll remove it right away.

Please don't silently remove it without answering the question you
were asked.  "The tool adds it but I disabled the agentic features
of the tool and everything readers see in the submitted patch was
what I typed, with no agent input" would be a perfect answer.  "I
did not consider the ramifications of use of the agentic tool, and I
do not know where the code the tool added for me came from, so I
cannot be sure I can contribute this patch to the project" would be
a sad but may be an honest answer.  "I cannot tell the origin but I
can remove the line and claim I wrote everything myself" is not an
answer that we want to see.  I am sure that your answer would fall
within the spectrum, and am hoping it would be the earlier, perfect
one, or one close to it, but we need to hear it.

Thanks.