Subject: Re: [GSoC][PATCH v4 0/9] Add refs optimize subcommand

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2025 11:43:42 -0700

Meet Soni <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> This series introduces `git refs optimize` as a modern replacement for
> `git pack-refs`, continuing the effort to consolidate commands under the
> `git refs` namespace.
>
> Changes in v4:
> - Improved commit messages and formatting.
> - Removed the NULL check from the refs_optimize() dispatcher in refs.c
>   to align with the project's conventions for API functions

I haven't read these patches carefully myself, but if you need
further updates to this topic, you may want to rebase on a slightly
newer commit that already has "git refs exists".  Either 07f29476de
(i.e. the merge of that topic to 'master'), or 92c87bdc40 (the batch
that contains that merge) would work fine.

I can keep resolving the conflicts between this and the other topic
just fine, but I'd rather see you tested and proofread these patches
yourself in the context of the codebase that these changes will
eventually be used with.

Thanks.