Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] gitk: Fixing file name encoding issues.

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2025 14:52:17 -0800

"Kazuhiro Kato via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> fix: file name encoding issues. fix: when resolving merge conflicts,
> japanese file names become garbled.
>
> Kazuhiro Kato (2):
>   Fixing file name encoding issues.
>   fix: when resolving merge conflicts, japanese file names become
>     garbled.
>
>  gitk-git/gitk | 7 +++++--
>  1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

Please

 - base your changes to j6t's gitk repository

   https://github.com/j6t/gitk

   where the file your patch would touch should appear at the top
   level of the working tree.  This "independent" history is then
   merged into my tree with "git pull -Xsubtree=gitk-git".

 - have the e-mail address of the gitk maintainer on the Cc: line,
   i.e. "Cc: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>".

Thanks.

cf.
 https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
 https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
 https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

>
>
> base-commit: bc204b742735ae06f65bb20291c95985c9633b7f
> Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1886%2Fkkato233%2Ffix_filename_encoding-v1
> Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1886/kkato233/fix_filename_encoding-v1
> Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1886