Subject: Re: A note from the maintainer

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 19:06:09 -0700

"Brian Lyles" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thank you for clarifying. I will let you decide if some updated wording
> is warranted in future notes from the maintainer, or if I simply
> interpreted things in a way that you do not think others would.

Perhaps like this, then?

diff --git a/MaintNotes b/MaintNotes
index 57aa6dd..18d8bcb 100644
--- a/MaintNotes
+++ b/MaintNotes
@@ -34,8 +34,8 @@ and Documentation/CodingGuidelines to familiarize yourself with the
 project convention.
 
 If you sent a patch and you did not hear any response from anybody for
-several days, it could be that your patch was totally uninteresting,
-but it also is possible that it was simply lost in the noise.  Please
+several days, it does not necessarily mean that your patch was totally
+uninteresting; it may mearly mean that it was lost in the noise.  Please
 do not hesitate to send a reminder message in such a case.  Messages
 getting lost in the noise may be a sign that those who can evaluate
 your patch don't have enough mental/time bandwidth to process them