Subject: Re: Feature Request - Better i18n support

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 14:35:57 -0800

"brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]> writes:

> More specifically, I think it could be fixed for progress output, but
> there are a few places in diff output where it couldn't because it might
> be parsed.  Would you be willing to try a patch for this?  I think the
> code you're probably thinking about is in progress.c (search for "%%"),
> but there might be other places you have in mind as well.

Ah, my earlier grep missed this, as it tried only to catch [fdi]%%
and the progress thing uses "%u%%" like so:

		if (percent != progress->last_percent || progress_update) {
			progress->last_percent = percent;

			strbuf_reset(counters_sb);
			strbuf_addf(counters_sb,
				    "%3u%% (%"PRIuMAX"/%"PRIuMAX")%s", percent,
				    (uintmax_t)n, (uintmax_t)progress->total,
				    tp);
			show_update = 1;
		}

With the PRIuMAX thing, it won't be as simple as enclosing the
entire format string inside _(), though.

Thanks.