Subject: A summary of in-flight topics

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 14:30:13 -0800

I hate to send out new issues of the "What's cooking" report too
often, but we have too many in-flight topics that are not getting
traction they may deserve, so let me send out a summary of the
topics listed in the draft I have for the next issue of it.

Those that are marked as "will merge to 'master'" won't be merged
immediately; they usually spend at least 1 calendar week in 'next'
(the second date on the line for each topic is the date they were
merged to 'next').

--------------------------------------------------

Expecting a (hopefully final) reroll.
 - ms/send-email-feed-header-to-validate-hook                   01-19          #2
 - cb/checkout-same-branch-twice                                01-20          #1
 - rj/avoid-switching-to-already-used-branch                    01-22          #3

Expecting a hopefully minor and final reroll.
 - ab/avoid-losing-exit-codes-in-tests                          12-20          #6

Expecting a reroll.
 - tl/notes--blankline                                          11-09          #5
 - ab/tag-object-type-errors                                    11-22          #5
 - ab/config-multi-and-nonbool                                  11-27          #9
 - cb/grep-fallback-failing-jit                                 12-17          #1
 - ja/worktree-orphan                                           01-13          #4
 - tc/cat-file-z-use-cquote                                     01-16          #1
 - rj/branch-unborn-in-other-worktrees                          01-19          #3

May want to discard.  Breaking compatibility does not seem worth it.
 - so/diff-merges-more                                          12-18          #5

May want to discard.  Its jaggy edges may be a bit too sharp.
 - cc/filtered-repack                                           12-25          #3

Needs review on the updated round.
 - ed/fsmonitor-inotify                                         12-13          #6

Needs review.
 - jc/spell-id-in-both-caps-in-message-id                       12-17          #1
 - ad/test-record-count-when-harness-is-in-use                  12-25          #1
 - cw/submodule-status-in-parallel                              01-17          #6
 - ab/sequencer-unleak                                          01-18          #8
 - ab/various-leak-fixes                                        01-18         #19

Undecided
 - rs/tree-parse-mode-overflow-check                            01-21          #1
 - rj/bisect-already-used-branch                                01-22          #1
 - ab/hook-api-with-stdin                                       01-23          #5
 - ds/bundle-uri-5                                              01-23         #10

Waiting for review response.
 - mc/switch-advice                                             11-09          #1
 - js/range-diff-mbox                                           11-23          #1

Will merge to 'master'.
 + ab/cache-api-cleanup-users                                   01-17/01-18    #3
 + sa/cat-file-mailmap--batch-check                             01-18/01-18    #1
 + km/send-email-with-v-reroll-count                            11-27/01-19    #1
 + pb/branch-advice-recurse-submodules                          01-18/01-19    #1
 + jc/doc-branch-update-checked-out-branch                      01-18/01-19    #1
 + cb/grep-pcre-ucp                                             01-18/01-19    #1
 + jk/hash-object-literally-fd-leak                             01-19/01-19    #1
 + cw/fetch-remote-group-with-duplication                       01-19/01-20    #1
 + jc/doc-checkout-b                                            01-19/01-23    #1
 + po/pretty-format-columns-doc                                 01-19/01-23    #5
 + jk/hash-object-fsck                                          01-19/01-23    #7
 + en/rebase-update-refs-needs-merge-backend                    01-22/01-23    #9
 + tb/t0003-invoke-dd-more-portably                             01-22/01-23    #1
 + jc/attr-doc-fix                                              01-22/01-24    #1
 + ar/markup-em-dash                                            01-23/01-24    #1

Will merge to 'next'.
 - mc/credential-helper-auth-headers                            01-20         #12

Will merge to 'next'?
 - en/ls-files-doc-update                                       01-13          #4
 - as/ssh-signing-improve-key-missing-error                     01-24          #1