Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 3/8] rebase --merge: fix reflog when continuing

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 09:55:00 -0700

Phillip Wood <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Junio
>
> On 25/10/2022 17:11, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Phillip Wood <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>>>>> Both of these will be fixed in a future series that
>>>>> stops the sequencer calling setenv().
>>>> If it gets fixed in a future step in the same series, that is a
>>>> different matter, but if it is easy enough not to deliberately
>>>> introduce a new leak, we'd prefer to do so.
>>>
>>> It's a couple of patches to fix which are more or less finished, I'm
>>> planning to send them once this series is in next.
>> So we will do the "add a known breakage of the same kind as there
>> exists others, and then later fix them all up, including the one
>> that is added by this series, because fixes are non-trivial and this
>> topic is easier to finish if we allowed to add a known breakage"
>> approach?  Just making sure it is what you plan to do.
>
> Yes, that's right

OK, I do not mind as long as we leave a NEEDSWORK note to tell
others that we know the leak and promise to fix it soon (so they do
not waste their effort to fix it independently).

Thanks.