Subject: Re: Dropbox and "Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge"

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 11:19:12 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> E.g. after finished working at a site, prepare to take the "latest"
> to the next place you will work at in a bundle,
>
>     $ git bundle create 2022-07-23.bndl --all HEAD
>     $ mv 2022-07-23.bndl $my_dropbox_directory/.
>
> and when you get to the next place to work at, you'd "fetch" from it
> into the repository you keep, or you can choose *NOT* to maintain
> any local copy there at all and "git clone" from the bundle every
> time you restart at a different place.

A practical real-world solution would certainly involve keeping
reasonably fresh copies of repositories at each work location, and
"git fetch --mirror" into it from the bundle.  The "bundle create"
command would most likely have some bottom revisions to reduce the
size of the resulting bundle files, i.e. if you know that all copies
of repositories you'd work with surely have the version you tagged
"v53.8" a few weeks ago, then the "bundle create" command may have
"--not v53.8" at the end.

In other words, the above is *NOT* meant to be a full solution, but
merely to illustrate a possible direction to go in.