Subject: Re: [PATCH] t0051: use "skip_all" under !MINGW in single-test file

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 12:19:09 -0800

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> This way TAP consumers like "prove" will show a nice summary when the
>>> test is skipped, e.g.:
>>
>> ... as opposed to?  A failure?  A different appearance of the log
>> message?  Something else?
>
> In "prove" we go from simply showing "ok":
>     
>     $ prove t0051-windows-named-pipe.sh
>     t0051-windows-named-pipe.sh .. ok   
>     All tests successful.
>     Files=1, Tests=1,  0 wallclock secs ( 0.02 usr  0.00 sys +  0.03 cusr  0.01 csys =  0.06 CPU)
>     Result: PASS
>     
> To showing the skip message quoted here:

Because you have been here long enough, I trust that you already
know this, but for the benefit of those reading from sidelines...

As with many questions I give during my code review, this was not a
request:"I do not understand this---please explain it to me".  It
poined out the part in the proposed log message that future readers
of "git log" would be puzzled about and needs to be improved.

Thanks for a reply.