Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.34.1

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 12:28:54 -0800

The latest maintenance release Git v2.34.1 is now available at
the usual places.

The tarballs are found at:

    https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/

The following public repositories all have a copy of the 'v2.34.1'
tag and the 'maint' branch that the tag points at:

  url = https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git
  url = https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/git/git
  url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
  url = https://github.com/gitster/git

----------------------------------------------------------------

Git v2.34.1 Release Notes
=========================

This release is primarily to fix a handful of regressions in Git 2.34.

Fixes since v2.34
-----------------

 * "git grep" looking in a blob that has non-UTF8 payload was
   completely broken when linked with certain versions of PCREv2
   library in the latest release.

 * "git pull" with any strategy when the other side is behind us
   should succeed as it is a no-op, but doesn't.

 * An earlier change in 2.34.0 caused JGit application (that abused
   GIT_EDITOR mechanism when invoking "git config") to get stuck with
   a SIGTTOU signal; it has been reverted.

 * An earlier change that broke .gitignore matching has been reverted.

 * SubmittingPatches document gained a syntactically incorrect mark-up,
   which has been corrected.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Changes since v2.34.0 are as follows:

Derrick Stolee (1):
      dir: revert "dir: select directories correctly"

Erwin Villejo (1):
      pull: should be noop when already-up-to-date

Junio C Hamano (3):
      Revert "grep/pcre2: fix an edge case concerning ascii patterns and UTF-8 data"
      Revert "editor: save and reset terminal after calling EDITOR"
      Git 2.34.1

Philippe Blain (1):
      SubmittingPatches: fix Asciidoc syntax in "GitHub CI" section