Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/19] Adds reftable library code from https://github.com/hanwen/reftable.

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 13:32:19 -0700

"Han-Wen Nienhuys via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> The reftable format is described in Documentation/technical/reftable.txt.
>
> This is a fully reentrant implementation of reading and writing the reftable
> file format, and should be suitable for embedding in libgit2 too. It does
> not hook the code up to git to function as a ref storage backend yet.

Not a question for Han-Wen, but I am wondering how much style and
other consistency guidelines we have in our C code to the files in
this directory.  

I am guessing that rules like "no decl after statement" and "no decl
in the set-up part of the for loop control" (i.e. "for (int i = 0;
..."  is a no-no) should apply equally to this code, but it might be
OK to deviate from rules that are only meant to help human readers [*]
without affecting compilation.

Opinions?

[Footnote]

 * multi-line comment style.

 * asterisk sticks to identifier not to type

 * not enclosing a single-statement block inside {}

 * empty statement looks like

	; /* empty */