Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] packfile-uri.txt: fix blobPackfileUri description

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 08:32:18 +0900

Long Teng <[email-masked]> writes:

>>It seems that the above needs a bit more polishing?
>>
>>I am not sure if moving the sign-off higher and inserting a
>>three-dash line before "Jonathan Tan writes" would be sufficient,
>>but with everything under that quoted material does not seem to
>>belong to a proposed commit log message proper.
>
> Sorry, I misunderstood.
>
> I looked at some patches in the community. If I reply to the
> reviewer’s suggestion separately and then submit a new patch, is it
> the recommended way? (Distinguish between the ‘reply‘ and the
> 'patch').

Yes.  Some people seem to omit the final response to reviewer
suggestions on the previous round and just send a revised patch, but
it is much nicer to cleanly conclude the review cycle for the
previous round with a separate response (it could just be "yes,
you're right---I'll incorporate your suggestions in the next round,
thanks") before starting a new cycle.

And the "patch" side should be written to be understandable even by
those who do not have access to the review history of the previous
round(s)---imagine how it appears in "git log" output to those who
did not read the discussion on this mailing list, and write for
them.

Thanks.