Subject: Re: [PATCH v16 00/14] Reftable support git-core

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 16:14:26 -0700

"Han-Wen Nienhuys via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> This adds the reftable library, and hooks it up as a ref backend. Based on
> hn/refs-cleanup.
>
> Includes testing support, to test: make -C t/ GIT_TEST_REFTABLE=1
>
> Summary 20479 tests pass 1299 tests fail

Thanks.

> Some issues:
>
>  * many tests inspect .git/{logs,heads}/ directly.
>  * worktrees broken. 

Are these with or without GIT_TEST_REFTABLE=1?

The patches (with the fix-up I saw today) applied on top of your
refs clean-up topic seems to pass the tests (without setting
GIT_TEST_REFTABLE) as the whole, but when merged at the tip of 'pu',
many tests fail (please see [*1*], for examples).  I suspect that
there may be some topics in flight that add more direct access to
the .git/refs/ hierarchy, and/or there may be stupid mismerges (I'd
especially appreciate it if you can spot any).

[Reference]

*1* https://travis-ci.org/github/git/git/builds/696638569