Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 0/3] implement fetching of moved submodules

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 10:49:48 +0900

Heiko Voigt <[email-masked]> writes:

> The previous RFC iteration can be found here:
>
> https://public-inbox.org/git/20171006222544.GA26642@sandbox/
>
> This should now be in a state ready for review for inclusion.
>
> The main difference from last iteration is that we now also support
> unconfigured gitlinks for push and fetch for backwards compatibility.
>
> To implement this compatibility we construct a default name for gitlinks
> if there is a repository found at their location in the worktree.

I do not remember the details of the patch in the previous round
that corresponds to PATCH 2/3 here, so I cannot comment on the
incremental improvement between the two, but the fallback in 2/3
looks like a sensible thing to do.

Let's see what others, especially those who are interested in the
"--recurse-submodules" area, say.

Thanks.