Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/8] ls_colors.c: enable coloring on u+x files

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 10:41:53 -0700

Duy Nguyen <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 6:46 PM, Matthieu Moy
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> git-compat-util.h does not seem to carry S_IXUGO. Anyway as far as Git
>>> is concerned, we only care one executable bit. Hard code it.
>>
>> Why not use S_IXUSR instead of a hardcoded value? (already used in
>> path.c, so shouldn't be a problem wrt portability)
>
> Hmm..maybe cache.h does something to that macro. Will drop this patch
> and include cache.h.

Why even include cache.h for S_IXUSR?

In the context of the patch I see S_ISGID mentioned and other S_*
st_mode things are already in use in this function before this step,
and presumably you are using them without problems, no?