Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/3] Add option --ref to git-replay(1)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2026 11:34:20 -0700

Toon Claes <[email-masked]> writes:

> In a previous RFC[1] I suggested to implement subcommands into
> git-replay(1). While it would be arguable nice to have subcommands for
> the different modes, because git-replay(1) is a plumbing commands, it's
> fine to keep a status quo.
>
> This series takes one thing for that RFC though: adding option --ref.
> This new option is useful if you want to have full control over which
> ref is being updated, and not want to rely on the refs that are using
> in the <revision-range> or as the value for --advance and --revert.
>
> These changes answer the needs expressed in[2].
>
> This series is based on Siddharth's series[3] to add '--revert' to
> git-replay(1) (sa/replay-revert @ ba5c0d03d3).

Which unfortunately got updated just 20 hours ago X-<.

Will try to wriggle it in, but please double check when I push the
integration result of today.