Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] config: support remote name in includeIf.hasconfig condition

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2024 16:28:10 +0900

Ken Matsui <[email-masked]> writes:

> Changes in v3:
>
> * Updated the description based on Ramsay's review.
> * Added more tests.
>
> Changes in v2:
>
> * Updated the description based on Kristoffer's review.

This has never seen any serious review since its original iterations
were posted late October.  Anybody interested [*]?

Otherwise since it is approaching to be more than a month and a
half old, I am going to mark the topic to be discarded.

Thanks.

[Footnote]

 * I ask because apparently I am not interested at all.  At least
   not yet, with what I saw in the previous postings in this thread.

   My take on it is that the "if any remote has this URL" change
   earlier did make some sort of sense, but I do not see the utility
   of this change.  If we need to access both of these two remote
   repositories, "to access github, we need these definition, and to
   access k.org, we need those, so include them" do make sense, but
   because these include do *not* limit their effectiveness upon
   which remote each Git operation accesses (i.e. You cannot say
   "use this configuration setting while running 'git fetch origin'
   but use that other setting while running 'git push github'"), it
   does not make much sense to say "if 'origin' is X, then do this",
   at least to me.