Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] sequencer: unset GIT_CHERRY_PICK_HELP for 'exec' commands

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 09:36:24 -0800

Vegard Nossum <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 11/02/2024 18:05, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Phillip Wood <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> On 08/02/2024 17:20, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>>>> Phillip Wood <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> It might be worth explaining why this happens
>>>
>>> This is because rebase sets the GIT_CHERRY_PICK_HELP environment
>>> variable to customize the advice given to users when there are
>>> conflicts which causes the sequencer to remove CHERRY_PICK_HEAD.
>> True.  I'd prefer to see the original submitter assemble the pieces
>> and come up with the final version, rather than me doing so.
>
> Thanks for explaining and sorry for the delay. I saw the patch was
> merged to main now, but I will keep this in mind for next time.

Thanks for finding and fixing.  Hope we'll see more of your
contributions in the future.