Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/9] archive: Add --recurse-submodules to git-archive command

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 18:43:16 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> It seems to have cleared the "submodule tests no longer can use
> submodules with file:// without tweaking the config" issue I saw
> earlier.  It seems to give us a segfault in win+VS test, though.
>
> https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/3285647856/jobs/5413033844#step:5:245

Here is a pair of CI run that attributes the breakage to this topic:

  https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/3293333066

is one CI run on 'seen' that has this topic and everything else in
flight.  This topic is at the tip of 'seen' when this CI run was
done, and win+VS test (8) seems to be failing the same way as the
previous one I reported earlier above.

Dropping the merge of this topic (i.e. "git reset --hard HEAD^") out
of 'seen' and running CI again: 

  https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/3293553109

we can see that all tests pass there, which unfortunately is a rare
event these days (well, the segfaulting code is something this topic
adds, so it is not surprising that the rest of the topics in flight
would not segfault the same way).

Do you need help from somebody equipped with Windows knowledge and
build/test environment?  As I do not do Windows or macOS, I cannot
offer to be one myself, but the development community is full of
capable folks and help is often a request away.

Thanks.