Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/3] bitmap-format.txt: fix some formatting issues and include checksum info

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 10:01:02 -0700

"Abhradeep Chakraborty via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
writes:

> There are some issues in the bitmap-format html page. For example, some
> nested lists are shown as top-level lists (e.g. [1]- Here
> BITMAP_OPT_FULL_DAG (0x1) and BITMAP_OPT_HASH_CACHE (0x4) are shown as
> top-level list). There is also a need of adding info about trailing checksum
> in the docs.

Quite honestly, I am not sure if a piecemeal "let's make
<pre>...</pre> a bit prettier" is worth our time.  Especially
relative to the importance of adding missing information to the
documentation.

So, if this round (I haven't looked at the formatting changes at all
yet) turns out to be still not doing the HTML properly, I'd suggest
shuffling the patches around, add missing information so that readers
can get the corrections in text regardless of the rest of HTMLify
effort.  We'll see.

Thanks.