Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/22] pickaxe: test and refactoring for follow-up changes

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 14:23:30 -0800

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason  <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is a smaller v2 of the series to remove the kwset backend and
> make pickaxe use PCRE v2[1].
>
> That's not being done here yet. These are mostly small
> refactoring/test fixes. The most significant work is a new xdiff
> interface at the end of the series.
>
> It's based on next where some preparatory work already landed[2].

Do you really mean <[email-masked]>?

  grep/pcre2: drop needless assignment + assert() on opt->pcre2
  grep/pcre2: drop needless assignment to NULL
  grep/pcre2: correct reference to grep_init() in comment
  grep/pcre2: prepare to add debugging to pcre2_malloc()
  grep/pcre2: add GREP_PCRE2_DEBUG_MALLOC debug mode
  grep/pcre2: use compile-time PCREv2 version test
  grep/pcre2: use pcre2_maketables_free() function
  grep/pcre2: actually make pcre2 use custom allocator
  grep/pcre2: move back to thread-only PCREv2 structures
  grep/pcre2: move definitions of pcre2_{malloc,free}

I do not think we have that many patches whose title begin with
grep/pcre2 in 'next'.

In any case, I'd rather not to see things done directly on 'next';
targetting a selected few topics merged on top of 'master' would
not be bad, though.

Thanks.