Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/12] completion: speed up refs completion

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 22:21:55 -0800

Jacob Keller <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 8:15 PM, Jacob Keller <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 6:53 PM, SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> This series speeds up refs completion for large number of refs, partly
>>> by giving up disambiguating ambiguous refs (patch 6) and partly by
>>> ...
>>> It goes on top of the __gitdir() improvements series I just posted at:
>>>
>>>   http://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/T/
>>>
>> Nice! This is something i've been bothered by in the past since
>> completion would take a rather long time!
>
> I haven't had a chance to further investigate, but I tried this series
> out (from your github) and it appears that this series (or the
> previous series for __gitdir work) breaks "git log" ref completion.
> I'll have further details when I am able to investigate a it more.

Thanks, both.  I'll look forward to how the story unfolds from
sidelines ;-)