Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 03/32] files-backend: break out ref reading

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 12:27:15 -0800

David Turner <[email-masked]> writes:

> Is there some standard workflow here?  I just rebased your version of
> my series (bd412fa) on top of the prior commit in pu (9db66d9), fixing
> the few conflicts.  (I think there is in general something I'm missing
> about how to maintain a patch set under the git.git workflow).  

We usually do not see multiple large topics stomping on each other's
toes, so it would be fair to say that we are still learning to find
some standard workflow.  The topic overlaps with what Stefan's
submodule-parallel-update topic touches, and both topics are
constantly rerolled, so I've been doing:

 * Pick a commit on 'master' as a stable base, and do not change
   this unless absolutely necessary. 

 * Merge the tip of Stefan's series to it.

 * Apply your series on top (if you didn't rebase, but Stefan
   rerolled, this will be cherry-pick of your latest round).

to rebuild dt/refs-backend-lmdb topic every time either one of you
rerolled.