Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Mar 2015, #08; Mon, 23)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 18:05:13 -0700

Jakub Narębski <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 11:26 PM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> > * jn/gitweb-utf8-in-links (2014-05-27) 1 commit
>> >  - gitweb: Harden UTF-8 handling in generated links
>>
>> This has been lingering in my 'pu' branch without seeing any updates
>> since $gmane/250758; is anybody still interested in resurrecting it
>> and moving it forward?
>
> I can try to pick it up, but I am no longer sure that it is a good idea
> to solve the problem.

After re-reading the discussion thread, I had the same impression.
Let's drop the patch for now.  It can be re-raised as/if needed.

Thanks.