Subject: Re: git reflog --date

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 11:06:47 -0700

John Tapsell <[email-masked]> writes:

> For me, writing "git reflog @{now}"  is a lot less intuitive than "git
> reflog --date"
>
> Currently the top google search for this question is here:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17369254/is-there-a-way-to-cause-git-reflog-to-show-a-date-alongside-each-entry
>
> Which doesn't mention "@{now}"   at all.

I would say that a site where cluelesses attempt to lead other
cluelesses is not the best source of information ;-), but that tells
us that either our docs are not read by people or they do not give
necessary information to them clearly enough.

> My opinion:
>
> 1. Add --date   as an option to reflog.  Perhaps using the log.date
> format as the default.
> 2. Document --date in the man page for "git reflog"
> 3. Document @{now}  in the man page for "git reflog"
>
> Sound good?

The order of changes is questionable, but other than that, I think
that would be a good way forward.