Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/5] lib-gpg: allow tests with GPGSM or GPGSSH prereq first

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2025 17:15:33 -0700

Todd Zullinger <[email-masked]> writes:

> In my recollection, they fail all (or nearly all?) of the
> time in our CI runs and when I was building git for Fedora
> infrastructure, they failed consistently on the Fedora
> builders as well.
>
> They fail rarely (if ever) when I run them locally, even
> with --stress options.  That made it rather difficult to
> work out the issue.  I thought that it was a timing problem
> for a while, but I wasn't able to find a way to demonstrate
> that.
>
> Thanks for the willingness to suffer some test breakage to
> see if it can flush out a fix. :)

Or I can just revert these two patches if nothing happens ;-).

> I suspect there are folks here who know the test suite and
> code being tested well enough that it may be really obvious
> to them.  Whether there is an intersection of those folks
> and spare "round tuits" is another matter.