Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/8] builtin/reflog: implement subcommand to write new entries

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2025 14:10:31 -0700

SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2025 at 01:20:53PM +0200, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
>> diff --git a/builtin/reflog.c b/builtin/reflog.c
>> index b00b3f9edc9..d0374295620 100644
>> --- a/builtin/reflog.c
>> +++ b/builtin/reflog.c
>> @@ -3,6 +3,8 @@
>>  #include "builtin.h"
>>  #include "config.h"
>>  #include "gettext.h"
>> +#include "hex.h"
>> +#include "odb.h"
>
> This series is queued on top of v2.50.0, which doesn't have 'odb.h'
> yet.

Thanks for checking.

Yet this is a topic to fix breakages that happened even before 2.50;
"git refs migrate" started migrating reflogs in 2.48, which had one
fix on top in 2.49.  For a non-security bugfix we typically do not
address anything older than the latest release's maintenance track,
so a series that would fix on top of 2.50 would have been more
appropriate.