Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.46.2

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2024 14:02:39 -0700

The latest maintenance release Git v2.46.2 is now available at
the usual places.

The tarballs are found at:

    https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/

The following public repositories all have a copy of the 'v2.46.2'
tag and the 'maint' branch that the tag points at:

  url = https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git
  url = https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/git/git
  url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
  url = https://github.com/gitster/git

----------------------------------------------------------------
Git 2.46.2 Release Notes
========================

This release is primarily to merge changes to unbreak the 32-bit
GitHub actions jobs we use for CI testing, so that we can release
real fixes for the 2.46.x track after they pass CI.

It also reverts the "git patch-id" change that went into 2.46.1,
as it seems to have got a regression reported (I haven't verified,
but it is better to keep a known breakage than adding an unintended
regression).

Other than that, a handful of minor bugfixes are included.

 * In a few corner cases "git diff --exit-code" failed to report
   "changes" (e.g., renamed without any content change), which has
   been corrected.

 * Cygwin does have /dev/tty support that is needed by things like
   single-key input mode.

 * The interpret-trailers command failed to recognise the end of the
   message when the commit log ends in an incomplete line.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Changes since v2.46.1 are as follows:

Brian Lyles (1):
      interpret-trailers: handle message without trailing newline

Jeff King (4):
      ci: drop run-docker scripts
      ci: unify ubuntu and ubuntu32 dependencies
      ci: use more recent linux32 image
      ci: use regular action versions for linux32 job

Junio C Hamano (5):
      doc: remote.*.skip{DefaultUpdate,FetchAll} stops prefetch
      ci: remove 'Upload failed tests' directories' step from linux32 jobs
      Revert "Merge branch 'jc/patch-id' into maint-2.46"
      Start preparing for Git 2.46.2
      Git 2.46.2

Martin Ågren (2):
      t1517: add missing LIBCURL prereq
      t0211: add missing LIBCURL prereq

Patrick Steinhardt (1):
      ci: add Ubuntu 16.04 job to GitLab CI

Ramsay Jones (1):
      config.mak.uname: add HAVE_DEV_TTY to cygwin config section

René Scharfe (2):
      diff: report copies and renames as changes in run_diff_cmd()
      diff: report dirty submodules as changes in builtin_diff()