Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/5] sequencer: start removing private fields from public API

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:42:20 -0700

Phillip Wood <[email-masked]> writes:

> +/*
> + * A 'struct replay_ctx' represents the private state of the sequencer.
> + */
> +struct replay_ctx {
> +	/*
> +	 * Stores the reflog message that will be used when creating a
> +	 * commit. Points to a static buffer and should not be free()'d.
> +	 */
> +	const char *reflog_message;
> +};
> +
> +struct replay_ctx* replay_ctx_new(void)

Style.

Also if you intend to make the structure opaque and private,
shouldn't you make this static to make it truly internal?  The
initializer of the containing replay_opts structure would be the
only thing that needs to know how to instantiate it, no?  Or does a
replay_ctx has reason to exist outside the context of an instance of
replay_opts?

i.e.

	static struct replay_ctx *replay_ctx_new(void)

The remainder seem mechanical so I'll skip them.