Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/1] quote: quote space

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 10:31:42 -0700

Eric Sunshine <[email-masked]> writes:

> This reminded me very much of [1] which exhibited the same failure
> mode and was due to the same limitation(s) of the OS.
>
> [1]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Ahhhh.  That one gives the official excuse to apply the band-aid.
You quoted from their documentation

    Do not end a file or directory name with a space or a period.
    Although the underlying file system may support such names, the
    Windows shell and user interface does not.

As this test _is_, unlike the cited patch that was not about a
directory with a funny name, about parsing a patch and applying it
to a path with a directory with a funny name, I am tempted to keep
the test with the filesystem, instead of replacing it with the one
using the "--cached" that Peff suggested.  I am _also_ tempted to
add that "--cached" thing (instead of replacing), though.

Thanks