Subject: Re: [PATCH] typo: fix the typo 'neeed' into 'needed' in the comment under merge-ort.c

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 10:26:55 -0700

王常新 <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sorry about that, I am not quite familiar with the process. I mean
> I can receive emails at both @qq.com and @gmail.com, but
> <[email-masked]> in the signed-off-by trailer in the commit
> message doesn’t actually exist.

I cannot tell you which between these two to use, as I do not know
your situation.  When a contributor works on Git and send a patch as
an employee of a company, sometimes the employer wants to see their
name prominently shown in the commit, and that is why we see commits
by folks working on Git for GitHub for example with their
@GitHub.com addresses, even though they may have personal addresses
at @gmail.com.  When a contribution is made as a hobbist (which I
was back when I started contributing to this project), people seem
to prefer using their personal address over using their work
address, so that the name and address recorded in the commit will
stay with them even when they move on.

Whatever name and address you choose, if you are using GGG, you'd
need to update your commits locally, perhaps like so:

  $ git commit --amend --author="Name <[email-masked]>"

(and in the editor you have a chance to make sure your sign-off
matches the authorship).

After that I would suppose that you force push the result to update
your pull-request and /submit again (I am not a user of GGG, so I
may have got the details wrong).

Thanks.