Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jul 2023, #05; Tue, 25)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 13:59:09 -0700

Here is a list of one-line summary for topics in flight.

The dates are committer date for topics not in 'next' (i.e.
typically the first time I happened to have "seen" them); for the
topics in 'next', there is a second date that shows when the topic
was last merged to 'next'.  Typically a topic is expected to spend
7 or so calendar days in 'next' before graduating to 'master'.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Expecting a reroll from the original author.
 - jc/doc-submodule-update-settings                             07-13          #1

Expecting a reroll.
 - tk/cherry-pick-sequence-requires-clean-worktree              06-01          #1
 - jt/path-filter-fix                                           07-13          #4
 - sl/sparse-check-attr                                         07-18          #3
 - ja/worktree-orphan-fix                                       07-21          #4

Needs review.
 - mh/credential-libsecret-attrs                                06-16          #1
 - mh/credential-erase-improvements-more                        06-24          #2

Still filling in blanks.
 - js/doc-unit-tests                                            06-30          #1

Undecided
 - cc/git-replay                                                06-03         #15
 - jc/parse-options-short-help                                  07-19          #3
 - am/doc-sha256                                                07-20          #1
 - rs/parse-options-negation-help                               07-24          #5

Will discard.
 - cb/checkout-same-branch-twice                                03-22          #2
 - ed/fsmonitor-windows-named-pipe                              03-24          #1
 - rn/sparse-diff-index                                         04-10          #1
 - es/recurse-submodules-option-is-a-bool                       04-10          #1
 - pw/rebase-i-after-failure                                    04-21          #6
 - ob/revert-of-revert                                          05-05          #1
 - ab/tag-object-type-errors                                    05-10          #4

Will merge to 'master'.
 + la/doc-choose-starting-point                                 07-14/07-19    #5
 + jr/gitignore-doc-example-markup                              07-18/07-19    #1
 + jc/am-parseopt-fix                                           07-18/07-19    #1
 + jc/branch-parseopt-fix                                       07-18/07-19    #1
 + rs/ls-tree-no-full-name-fix                                  07-18/07-19    #1
 + jc/gitignore-doc-pattern-markup                              07-18/07-20    #1
 + jc/transport-parseopt-fix                                    07-18/07-20    #2
 + jc/parse-options-reset                                       07-19/07-20    #1
 + jc/parse-options-show-branch                                 07-19/07-20    #2
 + bb/trace2-comment-fix                                        07-19/07-21    #1
 + rs/describe-parseopt-fix                                     07-21/07-21    #1
 + rs/pack-objects-parseopt-fix                                 07-21/07-21    #2
 + jc/tree-walk-drop-base-offset                                07-07/07-25    #2
 + ah/autoconf-fixes                                            07-19/07-25    #3

Will merge to 'next'.
 - bb/use-trace2-counters-for-fsync-stats                       07-20          #1
 - ah/sequencer-rewrite-todo-fix                                07-24          #1
 - ks/ref-filter-describe                                       07-24          #2
 - jc/retire-get-sha1-hex                                       07-24          #1
 - cc/repack-sift-filtered-objects-to-separate-pack             07-24          #8

Will merge to 'next'?
 - jc/doc-sent-patch-now-what                                   07-19          #1
 - hy/blame-in-bare-with-contents                               07-21          #1
 - jc/branch-in-use-error-message                               07-21          #1
 - tb/commit-graph-tests                                        07-24          #5