Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] trailer: allow spaces in tokens

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 14:31:00 -0700

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think allowing one white space before the separator is a good idea
> for the following reasons.
> ...
> I think it would be very annoying for users to find out that a number
> of otherwise proper trailers would not be taken into account only
> because they have a white space before the colon. At least there
> should be an option to allow that.

In short, you do not support Max's patch that allows arbitrary
number of white spaces anywhere but at the beginning of line,
but see a room for unrelated improvement from the current code,
namely, to allow exactly one optional space, immediately before
the separator and nowhere else.

It may be a reasonable thing to do that may not break too many
things.  I do not know if that is loose enough to satisify Max's
original wish, though.

Thanks.