Subject: Re: cb/clear-quarantine-early-on-all-ref-update-errors

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 08:45:00 -0800

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 03 2022, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> * cb/clear-quarantine-early-on-all-ref-update-errors (2022-02-01) 1 commit
>>  - receive-pack: purge temporary data if no command is ready to run
>>
>>  Check if "receive-pack" will do any ref updates (various conditions
>>  could reject a push) before received objects are taken out of the
>>  temporary directory used for quarantine purposes, so that a push
>>  that is known-to-fail will not leave crufts that a future "gc"
>>  needs to clean up.
>>
>>  Will merge to 'next'?
>>  source: <[email-masked]>
>
> Ah, I see it's even in the same function as
> rj/receive-pack-abort-upon-disconnect. That's a very well reasoned &
> sensible isolated change. I think it's ready for "next".

I have a small comment on possible follow-on work, but that wouldn't
be a blocker.  This seems to be a pure improvement.

Thanks.