Subject: Re: [PATCH] merge-ort: fix bug with renormalization and rename/delete conflicts

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 14:56:42 -0800

Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]> writes:

> This breakdown of the cases is informative, and I like how self-contained
> the change is.
>  ....
>
> This patch looks good to me. Thanks!
>
> Reviewed-by: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>

Thanks, both.

A related tangent, but I was looking at the data structure involved
and noticed that the casting between structure types "merged_info"
and "conflict_info" looked a bit ugly.  It might be worth cleaning
them up into 

 (A) a union with two struct, with "clean" member in the union to
     switch between the two structures; or

 (B) a single structure that looks like "conflict_info" but inlines
     members of "merged_info" into it.

The latter may be cleaner and simpler, and the unified data type
would be the "merge info", which may be representing cleanly merged
path, or conflicted path, and would justify conditional use of some
members based on the value of the .clean member.