Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] preliminary fixes for reftable support

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 18:15:14 -0800

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> What is going on here?  We have the same fix in two series?  Are
> these two series meant to be applied, or is this a beginning of
> splitting and resubmitting the other larger series into smaller
> chunks?
>
> I am not opposed to having two identical fixes to a high priority
> problem, one in a long series that may take longer to graduate and
> the other one in a short series that is trivial to verify.  I am not
> opposed to retract a longer series and trickle a number of series'
> that replace it, either.  I just wanted to know what is happening
> here.

I guess the answer is neither.

An unrelated change in this topic needed to touch a line that is
close to a line that was changed in the other topic, and you made
the same change as the latter in the same hunk---which in this case
helps with the merge of these two topics into the integration
branches.

Thanks.