Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 5/8] submodule: move core cmd_update() logic to C

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 12:58:23 -0700

Atharva Raykar <[email-masked]> writes:

> This patch completes the conversion past the flag parsing of
> `submodule update` by introducing a helper subcommand called
> `submodule--helper update`. The behaviour of `submodule update` should
> remain the same after this patch.
> ...
> Mentored-by: Christian Couder <[email-masked]>
> Mentored-by: Shourya Shukla <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Atharva Raykar <[email-masked]>
> ---

This seems to overlap with Emily's 242655f2 (submodule: record
superproject gitdir during 'update', 2021-08-19) that came in
<[email-masked]>.

Should I expect there probably needs a few more iterations for this
topic?  Depending, the "a submodule knows which superproject it is
part of" topic may have to be done in C on top of this topic.

I'll eject the 'es/superproject-aware-submodules' topic for now,
just to get today's integration going.

Thanks.