Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] test: add test for git bisect skip with --term* arguments

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 10:25:59 -0700

Bagas Sanjaya <[email-masked]> writes:

> Trygve Aaberge reported the current git bisect breakage on [1].
> After starting bisection with --term-new and --term-old arguments to git
> bisect start, skipping with git bisect skip does not change HEAD as
> expected.
>
> Let's add the test to catch this breakage.

I expected, as you said in your first version, that it would be
added as part of an existing test script for "git bisect".  And I
suspect that you can reuse the history the existing tests in the
script already use, so you won't have to add the first "initialize"
piece.  If the tested sequence should work but does not yet work due
to lack of a fix to a known bug, the test should be marked as
test_expect_failure instead of test_expect_success.

>   * style changes requested by Junio

Heh, I didn't request anything.  I merely pointed out the parts that
violate the style guide, so if anything, the guide requested you and
I was just a messenger ;-).

Thanks.