Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] rerere: allow approxidate in gc.rerereResolved/gc.rerereUnresolved

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 17:20:50 -0700

Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 19/08/17 21:30, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> In the future, we may find other variables that only allow an
>> integer that specifies "this many days" (or other unit of time) and
>> allow them to also do the same, and at that point we probably would
>> want to move the helper to a place that is not specific to the
>> rerere machinery.  Perhaps config.c would be such a good neutral
>> place, as it will allow git_parse_signed() to go back to static to
>> the file.
>
> You make git_parse_unsigned() external in this patch, in addition
> to git_parse_signed(), but don't actually call it. Was that intended?

Yes, it was done on purpose for symmetry and was done before I had
that "perhaps this can be moved to config.c" vision.

Perhaps I should follow up the topic with [PATCH 3/2] to really move
it to config.c to clean it up.  But not today.

Thanks.