Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 0/5] Add option to autostage changes when continuing a rebase

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 11:21:17 -0700

Phillip Wood <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: Phillip Wood <[email-masked]>
>
> These patches add an '--autostage' option (and corresponding config
> variable) to 'rebase --continue' that will stage any unstaged changes
> before continuing. This saves the user having to type 'git add' before
> running 'git rebase --continue'.

I wonder if this interacts with existing rerere.autoupdate
configuration variable and if so how (i.e. would they conflict and
fight with each other?  would they work well together?  would one of
them make the other unnecessary?).  In any case, they look closely
related and perhaps should be named similarly.

I even have a suspicion that they may be essentially doing the same
thing.

For a previous discussion, you start from here:

  https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/#t

and for the context, look at the original post by Ingo, to which the
above message is a response to.

Thanks.

>
> Phillip Wood (5):
>   rebase --continue: add --autostage to stage unstaged changes
>   rebase -i: improve --continue --autostage
>   Unify rebase amend message when HEAD has changed
>   Add tests for rebase --continue --autostage
>   Add rebase.continue.autostage config setting
>
>  git-rebase--am.sh             |   1 +
>  git-rebase--interactive.sh    | 111 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
>  git-rebase--merge.sh          |   1 +
>  git-rebase.sh                 |  76 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
>  sequencer.c                   |  22 +++++++--
>  t/t3404-rebase-interactive.sh |   2 +-
>  t/t3418-rebase-continue.sh    |  50 ++++++++++++++++++-
>  7 files changed, 222 insertions(+), 41 deletions(-)