Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] log: if --decorate is not given, default to --decorate=auto

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 11:03:51 -0700

With the "--decorate=auto" option becoming the default for "git
log", "git tbdiff" will be broken.

The configuration variable has been already there, so in that sense
this is not a new breakage (tbdiff wouldn't have worked well for
those with configured default).  A fix is trivial (attached).

I suspect that Alex's change may uncover similar breakages in
people's scripts.  Perhaps the topic should be cooked a bit longer
than other topics on 'next'?

 git-tbdiff.py | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/git-tbdiff.py b/git-tbdiff.py
index ccf7a0b..ae7cbb5 100755
--- a/git-tbdiff.py
+++ b/git-tbdiff.py
@@ -75,7 +75,7 @@ def read_patches(rev_list_args):
     series = []
     diffs = {}
     p = subprocess.Popen(['git', 'log', '--no-color', '-p', '--no-merges',
-                          '--reverse', '--date-order']
+                          '--no-decorate', '--reverse', '--date-order']
                          + rev_list_args,
                          stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
     sha1 = None