Subject: Re: [PATCH] contrib: add credential helper for libsecret

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 13:13:37 -0700

Dennis Kaarsemaker <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, 2016-10-11 at 22:48 +0300, Mantas Mikulėnas wrote:
>> On 2016-10-11 22:36, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> > Thanks for a review.  I'll wait until one of (1) a squashable patch
>> > to address the "we do not want unconditional overwrite" issue, (2) a
>> > reroll from Mantas to do the same, or (3) a counter-argument from
>> > somebody to explain why unconditional overwrite is a good idea here
>> > (but not in the original) appears.
>> 
>> 
>> I overlooked that. I can write a patch, but it shouldn't make any
>> difference in practice – if c->username *was* set, then it would also
>> get added to the search attribute list, therefore the search couldn't
>> possibly return any results with a different username anyway.
>
> Makes sense, so a (3) it is.

So... does it mean the gnome-keyring one needs a bugfix?