Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/4] core.abbrev: raise the default abbreviation to 12 hexdigits

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 21:35:38 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> There still are breakages seen in t5510 and t5526 that are about the
>> verbose output of "git fetch".  I'll stop digging at this point
>> tonight, and welcome others who look into it ;-)
>
> OK, just before I leave the keyboard for the night...
>
> -- >8 --
> From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 21:19:20 -0700
> Subject: [PATCH] abbrev: adjust to the new world order

To those who are following from sidelines, this builds on Linus's
third iteration patch (which is based on his first patch), applied
on Peff's "give disambiguation help when giving an ambiguity error"
series.  I didn't merge the work-in-progress going back and forth
between Linus and I tonight to any of the integration branches, but
it is available as lt/abbrev-auto-2 branch of the "broken down"
repository, i.e.

    git://github.com/gitster/git.git lt/abbrev-auto-2