Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 3/3] correct ce_compare_data() in a middle of a merge

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 12:54:54 -0700

Torsten Bögershausen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> How do things look at this point?  This version is what I ended up
>> queuing in 'pu', but I took your "Thanks" in $gmane/299120 to only
>> mean "Thanks for feeding some ideas to help me move forward", not
>> necessarily "Tnanks that looks like the right approach." yet, so
>> right now both topics are stalled and waiting for an action from
>> you.
> Yes, the code looks good to me.
> And the commit message does explain what is going on.
>
> For my taste, these 3 lines don't explain too much,may be remove them ?
>> The test update was taken from a series by Torsten Bögershausen
>> that attempted to fix this with a different approach (which was a
>> lot more intrusive).

OK. I wanted to make sure the resulting log message not only gives
you credit for the test portion of the change, but also for the fact
that you thought long and hard about the issue.  I'll tone it down
by removing "(which was...)" part.

> So thanks for your efforts, ack from my side.

Thanks.