Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-new-workdir: support submodules

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 20:05:10 -0800

Craig Silverstein <[email-masked]> writes:

> } Or one new-workdir checkout's branch may check out a top-level
> } project from today while the other one may have a top-level project
> } from two years ago,
>
> This is also true, but just as much a problem with the 'git
> new-workdir' script as it existed before my change.  It already
> symlinks the top-level .git/config directory, which lists a remote,
> submodules, and many other things.  Does symlinking the config file
> for submodules add any new wrinkles, that symlinking the config file
> for the top-level repository does not?

The update under discussion is labeled as "support submodules";
presumably the only reason that such an update is good is because it
will fix existing problems that makes the use of the script break
when submodules are involved --- submodules are not supported with
the current code, and this patch fixes the code to support it.

But then, you are saying that the update does not fix these existing
issues around submodule support.  So...?