Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/2] refs: allow setting the reference directory

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2026 13:03:33 -0800

Karthik Nayak <[email-masked]> writes:

>> FYI: I did an internal review of this at [1] and mentioned a couple of
>> things that I think still need to be iterated on. Most importantly, I
>> think that we also need to handle worktrees:
>> ...
>> So you can expect another iteration of this patch series once folks
>> settle into their usual post-holiday rhythms again :)
>>
>> Patrick
>>
>> [1]: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/git/-/merge_requests/451
>
> Thanks for putting that here. I did reply to one of Junio's what's
> cooking emails [1] stating the same (mostly that I'm on vacation) and that
> the topic isn't abandoned but would be delayed.

OK.  The topic has been marked as [Stalled] and I'll probably eject
it from 'seen' soonish to declutter my tree, but it does not mean a
renewed effort on the same topic is unwelcome.  "Dismissed without
prejudice" so to speak.

Thanks.